10.05.2008

Benches and Birthdays...

Lots has been going on in our house and, of course, I'm behind on the blogging. I'm going to catch up though! Here goes...

I realized that two members of our household have been sorely neglected. This is Holly and Storm. They are our Schnauzers...I realize they aren't cut like Schnauzers...this is what happened they are so matted, they have to be shaved! They are great dogs...no matter what Casey says!Saturday night we headed to the OBU game. Our day didn't go as planned. We were supposed to go to pumpkin day on Saturday. This is something our whole town turns out for. We pick out pumpkins, the kids go on hayrides, get face painting, pony rides, etc. Lots of fun! The rain had other ideas. It stopped before the football game which was at 7pm. I didn't take my new camera (which I really wanted to do) because I was afraid of the rain and water. But I did get a shot of our little cheerleader. Sadly OBU lost and it was really pretty cold. We weren't prepared and ended up leaving a little early.
Today is Casey's 37th birthday. We headed to TaMolly's after church for our weekly lunch with the McKinney family. I wanted a picture of all of us at the table, but the place was SO busy our waiter didn't have a chance. I did get this shot of the birthday boy and Ryan.

Here are the McKinney boys with our kids after we ate. We love Coleson and Mason!

After lunch Casey headed up to school to work (and for a little peace and quiet). I spent the afternoon in the driveway with my new finds. I went to an estate sale yesterday morning and got two chairs for the kids' desks upstairs. That was my main mission. Then I found these great old wooden frames and the bench!
I spent my afternoon giving them a makeover! My plan is to put it in my backyard and landscape around it. Picture perfect! It will be a great place for portraits! Doesn't it look great! I'm so excited about it!Finally, I played with my awesome new camera and I really thought this shot was cool. It's a "First Signs of Fall" shot of my dogwood tree.

2 comments:

  1. REALLY cool picture at the end. So neat. When I get my camera you gotta give me a quick crash course! What about the tribute to Leila???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! We forgot our Friday morning estate sale!! Is that the one you went to Sat? Looks like you found some treasures.

    Happy Birthday to Casey.

    See ya tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete