12.18.2008

Spectacular!!!

I had a wonderful experience last night. Those of you who know me well know that I love the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. I sit and watch it...every year. Now I DVR it, too. Few people will truly watch it with me (except Corri, who loves it as much I do! Thanks, Corri!). One of my favorite parts of the parade is seeing the Rockettes. I LOVE THE ROCKETTES. My dream of being one died early. I'm too tall. You have to be 5' 6" to 5' 10 1/2". I'm not. But I have always wanted to go to New York to see the Rockettes at Radio City. I didn't get to that, but they did come to me! My mom, Sydney and I went to see them last night in Little Rock for the Rockettes Radio City Christmas Spectacular. Let me tell you...it was! I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Mom, Syd and I had great seats in the balcony (I highly recommend being up high so that you can see everything). When that curtain went up (waist high so all you could see were the high-kicking legs) tears welled in my eyes. I was watching the Rockettes with my daughter...and my mom. It just doesn't get much better. The tears came everytime they formed their kick line. There aren't many things I've wanted to do for most of life that I haven't done. It was such a neat time.

I was amazed also that they read the Christmas story...from the Bible!...and then some performers acted out the most elaborate nativity I have ever seen. It was truly beautiful.

It is a night I will never forget. Thanks, Mom! I will never forget Sydney turning to me and saying, "Mom, I want to be a Rockette!" I guess the tap lessons better get back on the schedule!

I have so many pictures to share of other things that have happened this holiday, but I have a long list of "to do's" tonight, so I'll share those later. I'm shooting my first wedding tomorrow night. I'm nervous, but excited.

More soon...

2 comments:

  1. We saw it in Grand Praire a few years ago. I was also astonished about the nativity scene. Those live camels! Holy cow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wanted to go to that! Having a 2 week old baby got in the way of that wish, but he's worth it. Maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete