Five years ago today the number 4 became a big deal to me. Why you may ask? Because at 4:44 pm on 04/04/04, my little cuddlebug entered the world.
Who is my cuddlebug? I'm so glad you asked!
Who is my cuddlebug? I'm so glad you asked!
At least once a day he will look at me and say (well, sometimes he can't actually look away from his DS to say it, but he still says it),
"Mommy, come here. I need to tell you something."
"What is it, Buddy?"
"I love you!"
Cue my melting heart!

I have an album I made once that has some of my favorite pictures in it. I journaled the words to the song Blessed by Martina McBride. If you haven't heard this song, go download it now from iTunes. Anyway, I have a page for each of my kids in the album and the one word title for J's page is Joy! That's what he is to me.
Pure joy.
Pure joy.
He has an adorable smile with big dimples. He loves to laugh almost as much as he loves trains.
Well, I say that. His train obsession seems to be diminishing. This breaks my heart. J was truly obsessed from the time he was itty, bitty. He loved the Polar Express, he lived for Thomas the Tank Engine.
I'm sad to see that time passing. He is getting to be a big kid.
(this picture is precious. I love his eyes. It also breaks my heart because about 24 hours later we were in an ambulance headed to Children's. Little Man had a kink in his intestines. He looks so sad because he was so sick)"J, let's just cancel your birthday this year"
"No Mama!"
"Yeah, let's just call it off. Because you are about to 5 and that means are a big kid. You'll start kindergarten next year. Let's just stay four!"
"No Mommy!" giggles "if I don't turn 5 then it will be a long, long, long, long, long, long, long time before I grow up and become a parent!"
Okay, I didn't see that one coming.
"Well, it's going to be a long, long, long, long, long, long, long time before you become a parent anyway, but okay. We'll go ahead and have your birthday."
"No Mama!"
"Yeah, let's just call it off. Because you are about to 5 and that means are a big kid. You'll start kindergarten next year. Let's just stay four!"
"No Mommy!" giggles "if I don't turn 5 then it will be a long, long, long, long, long, long, long time before I grow up and become a parent!"
Okay, I didn't see that one coming.
"Well, it's going to be a long, long, long, long, long, long, long time before you become a parent anyway, but okay. We'll go ahead and have your birthday."

Happy birthday, little man! You make Mommy so proud! God truly blessed me when he let me be your Mommy. I love you!
We must also say Happy Birthday to this angel in our lives. This is Fifi (okay, to some she is Stephanie, but to us, Fifi!)
Fifi and Josh share a b-day. Fifi kept the Diva and Eldest while I was having LIttle. She just got married. Her husband is in Afghanistan. When he gets back, we get to have the BIG wedding, which all of my kids are in. We love you Fifi and will see you in 2 weeks!
We must also say Happy Birthday to this angel in our lives. This is Fifi (okay, to some she is Stephanie, but to us, Fifi!)
Fifi and Josh share a b-day. Fifi kept the Diva and Eldest while I was having LIttle. She just got married. Her husband is in Afghanistan. When he gets back, we get to have the BIG wedding, which all of my kids are in. We love you Fifi and will see you in 2 weeks!

What a sweet post! Your family is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteChildren are a special blessing...
Wow...seeing this post just put a lump in my throat. Mine is ALMOST TWO! Before I know it, I'll be dedicating a post to her on her 5th b-day and sending her off to kindergarten the following year. Time flies!!
ReplyDeleteLove the train picture - One of my boys is slightly obsessed with Thomas - fortunately he prefers the metal trains over the wooden ones, so we're not bankrupt yet.
ReplyDelete4:44 on 4/4/04? That's the GREATEST!!
ReplyDeleteThis was such a sweet post, Lori! My heart hurts and smiles with you on this one.
Happy Birthday, Joshy!
All the 4's....how great is that?!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Josh!
I'm with Amy...my heart hurts and smiles with you, too. Urgh. Can't stand that they are growing up.