7.11.2009

Farewell...for now!

We love Arkadelphia. We love living here. We love OBU. We love the people.

But frankly, the goodbyes are wearing on me.

Last summer our very dear friends Shane and Monica and their precious children left. He is a football coach. It's part of it. We swore off coaches.

But along came Robby and Rachel...across the street. My children absolutely fell in love with them both....we did too!

He's a football coach.

Need I say more?

They left last week. So we swore off football coaches again.

Except for one thing. Both coaches and their families were such amazing blessings in our lives. How we could possibly wish they hadn't drifted through our lives. They will be people we will stay in touch with forever. Lifelong friends.

And not just them. This seems to be the summer for goodbyes. Our very dear Danish friends who have been here for two and half years. They are headed back to Denmark. All three of their kids are very close friends to all three of ours. All near the same ages. I'm not sure how we'll get along without them. We carpooled together, swam together, ate together, went a trip together. We will miss them terribly...but will head overseas at some point for a visit...that's exciting!

My friend Meg and her family. We expected them to be here forever and looked forward to our boys playing ball together and being good friends. They are leaving, too.

My friend Emory. We hadn't spent much time together lately...but hoped for many more times with her and her sweet girls.

I know this is part of being in a college town. It's part of life. People drifting in for a season of our lives and moving on. But what blessings they are while they are here. I know God has new blessing for us...those staying and those moving on. I'm ever so thankful for blogs, Skype and facebook. They all help shorten the miles.

All this to say, I'm already missing the many friends drifting out. I'm looking forward to the new ones drifting in. I'm praying for both.

I'm not going to say goodbye any more. I'm moving on to "farewell, for now."

So, farewell for now!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. And as someone that drifted out of your life lo these many years ago, I'm living proof that they drift back in again, and it's as though they never left.

    Sorry you're losing the physical presence of your friends. They'll just be moving into your computer for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. The curse of the Delph.

    It happens to all of us. And it stinks.

    I feel ya, sister. I feel ya.

    ReplyDelete