8.24.2008

More excitement than we needed...

It's been an eventful day full of blessings in the Motl household. Today after church I had a fellowship time with my 11th and 12th grade Sunday School class. We decided to head to the lake for a little picnic and swimming. Casey has some OBU stuff going, so I loaded up the kids and we headed out. We had a great time. I have amazing girls in my Sunday School Class! Anyway, at one point in the fun, a wayward rock went flying and unfortunately connected with Sydney's head. I grabbed her and my SS girls flew into action. Rebecca and I headed to the hospital with Sydney, a beach towel pressed to her bleeding noggin and the rest of the group collected all our stuff, as well as Ryan and Josh, and got them home safely.

It's amazing how long an ER will let a little girl with a head wound hang out in the waiting area. Luckily, we got the bleeding to stop and about an hour and half later a doctor told her she wouldn't need stitches. She was thrilled! Don't think my little Sydney was crying or feeling sad in the waiting room for all that time. She was quizzing us (there were four of my SS girls there by now) on fashion and telling funny stories. I think she actually loved all of the attention! Rachel, our sweet friend from across the street, brought her cookies and Kelly and Emily Strickland, sweet sisters from our youth group, just brought her a basket of goodies with a balloon, candy, a fuzzy pillow and glow sticks...if we aren't careful she's going to think the getting hurt thing is fun! Thank you, Lord, for protecting her head! It could have (probably should have) been SO much worse!

Casey gave a short talk to the Freshman class at OBU this afternoon (about 490 strong...a really big class). It went really well. He went to a Social Sciences reception for all of the incoming SS majors, but one of our babysitters found him to tell him to come to the ER to be with us, so he missed most of that! School starts for him on Wednesday. We have OBU activities this week. It's so much fun to see campus coming back to life. The place is teaming with students. It great to see!

3 comments:

  1. You know, I can totally see you as an awesome youth worker. You're just the kind Matt would give anything to have. Isn't it great to share your life and your family with teenagers? More people should try it.

    I'm glad Sydney is okay. And also, thanks for posting a comment on my blog. I feel like a very important person now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And by the way, don't know if I've ever told you this, but I've always thought the fact that Ms. Abbott and Mr. Motl got married is both fabulous and very romantic. I was in college when he proposed, I think, and some GHS students emailed me. All of us girly-girl types were jumping up and down and squealing. Even highly intellegent women can act that way, ya know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor baby. Give that girl some smooches from her Auntie Rachel.

    ReplyDelete