Well, the rain is over...for the most part. It's still misting, but we aren't getting anymore accumulation. Ryan and Sydney got a day off from school today because the buses couldn't run to any out lying areas due to the flooding. It's really amazing. We've had a lot of rain since we moved here, but I think Gustav topped it all. Here are some pictures from Ouachita's campus. The Ouachita River runs along the back of campus and she is out of her banks. She is supposed to crest sometime tomorrow last I heard. The academic buildings are okay accept for Mabee Fine Arts building which flooded. The wooden floor will have to be replaced and I saw men up on the roof today working.
This shot is overlooking the football practice fields.
This is that last shot zoomed in. You can see the yellow goal posts. The water is a about a foot below the cross bars.
This is our field house on the left. The water is a few feet from it. To give you an idea if you haven't been here, the river is about 250 yards from this building and behind a treeline, so you can't really even tell there is a river close by!
This is a big gazebo in a park type area on campus. Paige, we took pictures down in this gazebo! It's big enough for classes to meet in it. It overlooks the river and is about 5-6 feet above the normal water line!
This shot is overlooking the football practice fields.
This is that last shot zoomed in. You can see the yellow goal posts. The water is a about a foot below the cross bars.
This is our field house on the left. The water is a few feet from it. To give you an idea if you haven't been here, the river is about 250 yards from this building and behind a treeline, so you can't really even tell there is a river close by!
This is a big gazebo in a park type area on campus. Paige, we took pictures down in this gazebo! It's big enough for classes to meet in it. It overlooks the river and is about 5-6 feet above the normal water line!

OMGosh!!! That's CRAZY! Thanks for taking pic's of the campus! My Freshman year we had some much rain in the spring that it flooded the 'pit', the parking lot in front of the freshman girl dorms. EVERY car that was down there was totalled. I was very grateful that I didn't have a car that year.
ReplyDeleteHa - you and I did the same thing today...grabbed the camera and took some shots of the "lake" surrounding OBU's campus. I wanted to get a picture of the gazebo so badly, but I couldn't find a place to park and Zoe was ready for her afternoon nap. Plus, it was all taped off.
ReplyDeleteok ok ok.....where are the pics of the 50's gear from the shindig at OBU??? just kidding... i love these pics. I hate it for OBU, but I MUST get out more and take some pics. I am falling down on my blog.
ReplyDeleteWith the gazebo flooded, I wonder where boys will take their dates. That 's the prime canoodling spot...not that I would have any firsthand knowledge concerning that.
ReplyDelete