Here's a shot of me and Casey with our friends Chris and Autumn. Casey and Chris got their doctorates together and A&M. This year Chris joined the history faculty at OBU. We are thrilled they are here!
On Friday, Josh had his first soccer practice. This will be his first team sport to play.My mom and cousin, Jennifer came in on Friday to spend the weekend with us. On Saturday, OBU had their first game of the year. We won 58-7! It was beautiful weather. A little hot, but it could have been worse.
Everyone got a little too much sun (Sorry, Jen!). The kids were all decked out in their OBU best. The boys had new jerseys and Sydney had a new cheerleader outfit.
Here she is with Caroline and Anna, some of our good friends. Their dad is the offensive coordinator so they clearly had a GREAT day!).
Jennifer brought a dress for Sydney that she had worn as a little girl. My aunt Roxanne hand smocked it about 20 years ago! Sydney was SO excited and wore it to church today. We had LOTS of compliments on it starting before we could even get all the way out of the car!Mom brought me all kinds of goodies. My aunt Sheryi died about a year and half ago. While I didn't see her very often in recent years, I used to go and spend time with her and my uncle during the summers. She taught me how to cross stitch. They taught me how to frame something (they had a frame shop out of their house). I got to spend wonderful hours with my little cousins Rob and Emily. They are all grown up now. Emily is in advertising in Little Rock and Rob saves the world as a Navy Seal! They are precious memories. My aunt had a business selling stuff (I think mainly through the internet). She carried a lot of Rowe pottery and Nancy Thomas stuff. I LOVED her house. Well, my uncle was trying to clear out some inventory and mom brought me some really neat things. My favorites are the things Shery cross-stitched, but I don't have them hung yet. I did redo my mantle though.
It's still a work in progress. I need to get something for the crock on the left and a candle for the holder on the far right. What do you think?

I think it looks great, but I think you're right about the candle and something for the crock. Although it would be illiegal unless you grew them here, a bunch of dried blue bonnets for the crock. Or some other type of dried something.I love the angel, absolutely beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI love your new header! Erma Bombeck is my hero. For the crock, maybe you could get some berry sprays. I did a little research and found some at countrystylehome.com and tenderheart.com. I bet that mantle looks great with stockings.
ReplyDeleteOr how about some stalks of pussy willow? That would add some hieght to your arrangement...yeah, it's five hours later and I'm still thinking about this. Anything to stay off task.
ReplyDeleteTell Sydney she looks so pretty!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for having me this past weekend. I had a great time visiting all of you! Sydney looks adorable in the dress-I'm so glad she was able to wear it. No worries on the sunburn-it's much better now!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! I hope you have a great day!
Love-Jenn