I wanted to post some pictures from the concert last night. If you aren't sure what I'm talking about, my father started a charity golf tournament event with his business partner, Ray. They have a golf tournament, now the Mike Abbott Memorial Golf Tournament, and several concerts in conjuction with the event. Though I took over 1100 pictures during the 3 day event, I thought I would post a few of my favorites from last night, the songwriters concert.
One of the songwriters was Allen Shamblin, who I've posted about recently. He normally sports a baseball cap. Here he is wearing a hat he had made that matches one we gave him of Dad's. As a thank you for his coming and singing at Dad's service, we (Gail and the kids) all signed thank yous to Allen on Dad's hat. The hat was way too big for Allen to wear, so he had this one made that matched it. We auctioned it off after the concert!
This is Aaron Barker. He has written many of George Straits hits like "Baby Blue", "Love Without End, Amen" and many more. One of the nicest guys you'll ever meet!
Next was Richie McDonald. He was the lead singer for Lone Star for years! He has gone solo now with an inspirational album out already and a new country album coming out in Feb. If you like country, make sure and look for it. We got to hear a song or two from it. It will be awesome. Check out "Hey God". Awesome!
Finally here is a picture with our family and the guys after the concert. I can't tell you how amazing these men are. They give so much of themselves to this event. They stayed around for a really long time after the concert talking to everyone and signing autographs. If you have some favorite songs, check out who the songwriters are. It's not normally the artist. These guys don't get enough credit.Thank you, Allen, Aaron and Richie for an amazing evening of music and remembering Dad!

Love your pics and can't wait for the rest. I love just knowing that you're back in arky arky! Welcome back.
ReplyDelete