
I keep thinking I'm going to blog daily...maybe someday...I have countless diaries I've started over the years with 4, maybe 5 pages, written on. So even once a week is good for me!
It's been a good week on most counts. Work was sad. While I still have a job (info about the reorg should be coming out in the couple of weeks, so here's hoping I have one a month from now), but since they took away any hope of severance, the incentive for many to stay is gone. My project manager quit yesterday. This was tough for me. He's a great guy in Canada...I'd never even met him face to face. Actually, I've only seen the picture on his yahoo profile, so I don't
really even have a good idea of what he looks like. Michel has been my project for about 3-4 years. He was my constant amidst a lot change. I'm really going to miss him. Someday, when Casey and I go to Canada, I'm going to look him up and finally meet him. That's one of the interesting things about working the way we do today. I've never met probably 50% of the people I've worked with...some for 10 years!Today was a good day! It started off a little earlier than I would have liked. Ryan and his friend Dean were in our room at 6:45 asking to play the Wii...that would be a big, 'ol grumpy "NO!" that early on a Saturday morning. After we finally got moving we headed for Ryan's basketball game. This is his first year to play. We see improvement with each game. This was his third. Here's a shot from it.
Then we came home. The sun was shining. It was warm. Sydney, Josh and I headed outside while Ryan went to a friends' house.
Then some other friends called and wanted Syd and Josh to go with them to the lake (Thank you, Convingtons! They had a blast). Casey had OBU basketball to go announce. Suddenly, I was home...alone...what's a girl to do? I headed upstairs and started working on the bathroom closet. It's warm outside, so spring cleaning can start! This is a BIG closet that has gone largely unchecked since we moved in almost 3 years ago. I got a little done in there and decided I really needed to take some pictures.I grabbed my camera and headed into the yard. The first signs of spring! I really wanted snow this year, but now that we've had a taste of spring...I'm done! Out with cold and in with the warm! As I was raking earlier, I noticed that not only were my daffodils coming up...a few were blooming. If you don't have any, please enjoy mine! If you are curled up with some hot chocolate or by a fire, raise your mug to the first signs of spring!!

I WISH it felt like spring here. Spring usually rolls in around May and you'll be hearing my gripe about that I'm sure.
ReplyDeleteWe've been working through the Little House dvds for awhile now. I get them through Blockbuster.com and can I just tell you how much my kids LOVE them? It's funny to me but they're all completely in love with the Ingalls.
So, I was reading along thinking you were going to show us pics of your closet...but I'm glad it was spring blooms and blossoms instead!
Aww..fun. And I'm sure it's fun you'll experience a few times until spring actually gets here. I can't believe after the week we had last week they're already blooming! That's nuts!
ReplyDelete