1.22.2009

I have readers!

Okay, so some people are actually reading my blog! Very exciting. So, I want to share a recent recipe with you that we just tried this week. If you like to use your crock pot, you'll love this. Meredith has tried it I think, so she can attest to how good it is. Enjoy!

Crockpot Black Bean Chili

Into crockpot pour:

1 lb. uncooked pork roast, cubed (or cut up some pork chops)
2 drained cans of black beans
1 can tomato sauce
1 chopped onion
2 cloves crushed garlic
1 heaping tsp. cumin
2 heaping tsp. chili powder
1/2 t. salt

chopped red or yellow bell pepper (optional- if i have it, I use it, but have made it without just fine). Cover and set on low for 6-8 hours. You can eat as it, but it's good spooned over rice as well. Garnish with sour cream or salsa. I made cornbread to go with it. Yummo!!!

1 comment:

  1. I actually haven't tried it...BUT I have the ingredients on my shopping list and I'm heading to the store today!

    It sounds DELISH!

    ReplyDelete