PEANUT BUTTER BROWNIE TRIFLE
Serves 8 (these must be 8 SERIOUS eaters...I served this to my bunco group of 12 not-shy-about-eating-on-our-nigh-away-from-kids ladies and there was at least half left over!)
INGREDIENTS:
1 package brownie mix
10 ounce bag of peanut butter chips
5 ounce package vanilla instant pudding mix
3 cups milk
½ cup peanut butter, creamy
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
8 ounce container of frozen whipped topping
24 regular sized peanut butter cups, divided
Serves 8 (these must be 8 SERIOUS eaters...I served this to my bunco group of 12 not-shy-about-eating-on-our-nigh-away-from-kids ladies and there was at least half left over!)
INGREDIENTS:
1 package brownie mix
10 ounce bag of peanut butter chips
5 ounce package vanilla instant pudding mix
3 cups milk
½ cup peanut butter, creamy
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
8 ounce container of frozen whipped topping
24 regular sized peanut butter cups, divided
DIRECTIONS:
Prepare brownie mix as directed. Add peanut butter chips. Bake according to package instructions. Cool completely.
Crumble brownie.
Coarsely chop 20 peanut butter cups; saving 4 for garnish.
Combine pudding mix and milk in large bowl. Beat at low speed for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add peanut butter and vanilla; beat until smooth. Gently fold in half of whipped topping.
Place half of brownies in bottom of trifle bowl or individual parfait glasses; top with ½ of chopped candy and half of pudding. Repeat layers. Top with remaining whipped cream. Slice leftover candy in four long pieces. Arrange them vertically on top of cream.
If I were a truly good blogger I would have beautiful pictures of the making of this master piece. Next time, I promise. For now you will just have to go make it to revel in its glory!

Well, dadgumit! I was just at the grocery store! I wish I'd checked here first and I would have bought the ingredients. Maybe it's for the best. My THAT kind of appointment is coming up in a couple of weeks. I'll wait until that week to make it so I can soothe my own wounded pride after MY weigh in. I HAVE NOT been walking so you know it's not going to be pretty. At least my doctor doesn't have the Jumbo Scale.
ReplyDeleteI was thinking TRUFFLE, not TRIFLE...and yeah, I have a trifle bowl that was a wedding gift and I've used once. This will be twice.
ReplyDeleteHey Lori,
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comment on my blog. I'm VERY new to blogging! I have a lot to learn. We live in Hot Springs so we are definitely close enough to have our pictures made in Arkadelphia! :-) Good to hear from you.
Renae