The next day, I did have one those appointments. I feel compelled to share the scale at MY doctor's office with you, my friends...
Seriously!!! What woman wants to have to stand on this thing! With that big dial right in your face! There is no way to hide from that dial or to just take a little glance. Thankfully, I didn't go to him to when I was pregnant. My OB in Texas had a small scale tucked discreetly back in the lab. Had I been forced to get on this monstrosity when I was..say 8 months pregnant...I may have tried some Alias moves on the nurse. Can you imagine? Clearly a man picked out this scale.Now, my trip to the scale was especially exciting. I have been walking pretty regularly since June. I'm not perfect. I do occasionally skip a whole week. But I was anxious to step on this big monster and see if I'd lost a few pounds for my efforts. Did I?...not a chance! Gained 4!! Many have said, "It's muscle mass". Frankly, I don't care what kind of mass it is! When it's staring at you this big, it really doesn't matter.
I'll think I'll go have some peanut butter trifle now...then, maybe I'll walk...next week!

That scale belongs in a Tim Burton movie. Seriously! And I would eat the whole box of trifles if I'd walked for 8 months and nothing happened. Aarrgh!!!! I may eat one in solidarity. Cuz I'm friendly that way.
ReplyDeleteUmm..yeah, that scale is monstrous! I imagined standing on it today while I was at my OB appointment at 8.5 months pregnant and 17 pounds heavier than I was 9 months ago. Not a fun thought. Ours aren't nearly that bad...just the plain metal scales that are often at doctor's offices, but they're definitely not discreet.
ReplyDeleteOh no no.
ReplyDeleteThat scale just isn't right. a man's plan indeed.
It's cool in a retro-y museum style, but not for official weigh ins. And what's with the chairs on either side? Do patients usually bring backup? Or is that for safety purposes? If you faint sideways after seeing the results you'll have someone to catch you. Just don't fall backwards, I guess.
ReplyDeleteIs there a recipe for the peanut butter trifle that you'd like to share with your friends?