3.17.2009

Does he read my blog?

Hi! My name is Lori. I am a Sonic - aholic.

I think I've reached rock bottom. My babysitter made a Sonic run for me today. Unfortunately, she brought me back a vanilla diet COKE instead of a vanilla diet DR PEPPER. Big difference! I quietly slipped the erroneous drink to my husband to when he got home. My heart broken...my taste buds unsatisfied, I dropped Sydney off at dance and headed for America's Drive-in.

I whipped into one of the slots and turned to order. The LCD screen was blank. Dang! I hate not being able to run my credit card for the $2.07 charge! Who carries that much cash with them, anyway! I backed up and and began to sidle my way into the next slot. Here is where I'm nearing rock bottom. Rather than pulling all the way out and realigning to pull into the next slot, I try to back out as little as possible so I can order faster and taste the manna from heaven more quickly. I turn to check to see that the back of the van isn't going to hit the menu next to me. That's when I heard it. The scraping of metal...on my bumper. I hit the pole on the left side of my slot (for lack of a better word)! The kind and benevolent lady in the passenger seat of the car next to me compassionately screamed out, "That lady done hit the pole! She just hit the pole with her car!"

I backed up, straightened up, pulled forward and ordered. "I need a large diet vanilla Dr Pepper, please!" I calmly said into the speaker above the chipped paint on the pole. I leaned out my window. No visible crunched metal on the car. The carport roof was not falling in on other patrons. I decided to just wait until I got home to look. I wasn't about to suffer the humiliation of actually getting out of the car to experience more of the compassion from surrounding patrons. I took my drink and came home. Happily, there is no real damage (except to my pride!) beyond a little green paint on my bumper.

Now, do I share this with my beloved? I'm thinking I'll just see if he reads my blog!

On another note, my sweet princess was not selected to be Gretl in the Sound Of Music. I feel sure the lone tear my little angel had course down her cheek upon hearing the news would have convinced the theater teacher that she had indeed not chosen the best actress! Her loss. I know who the real drama queen in this town is. I told her she had the guts to try out which is more than her momma ever did!

6 comments:

  1. Honey, there are days I would mow down old women in a crosswalk to get a cherry limeade slush. And Vanilla Diet DP is second on the list because it enhances the vanilla flavor of the DP. It's subtle, but it's there.

    Signed,
    Another Addict

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know how my heart smiles at the knowledge that other people are as Sonic-psycho as me!

    Let us know if he reads it or not. My husband is so hit or miss...but it would be my luck that this would be the post he actually reads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! I'm hurting for you. Just in case he does read it and the comments, I'd like to say on your behalf that everyone makes mistakes and this is totally out of character for you and wasn't that drink you gave him especially tasty?

    We don't have Sonics. I miss them greatly.

    My heart hurts for Sydney. And tell her not to give up and to keep practicing.


    WORD VERIFICATION heald: How a redneck might sing the classic Christmas carol. "Hark the heald angels sing..."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I once folded the bed of Matt's beautiful blue Silverado around a pole at the McDonald's drive-through. I was used to driving a little volkswagen bug. I never had to tell Matt about it...because he was sitting in the passenger seat at the time. Fun times.

    I'm sure Sydney's time will come--hopefully sooner than later. Still, those moments of not being chosen really sting.

    By the way, thanks for the award you gave me the other day. Sorry I've been such a pitiful blogger lately!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sadly, I've done the very same thing with my car..only not with my bumper, but with my side mirror. Luckily it was one that bends forward in case of a situation like that and snaps back into place, so no permanent damage except to my pride. Those slots are just way to small for normal sized cars....seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm back to say that I went to Sonic today just to get a Vanilla DP. It was lovely. And I parked in the extra wide space where no one was on my side.

    Just because of you.

    ReplyDelete