3.03.2009

Rambler

I feel like I may ramble a bit today. I have swirling thoughts and emotions.

First, I am giddy that the high tomorrow is 70 degrees! Higher the days after that. I am so ready for beautiful, warm weather. I used to be a cold weather person. No more. I want to be outside with my kids. I want to be taking pictures outside of little smiling faces.

Lori Motl Photography is doing well. I am excited about that. I have a lot to do to prepare for Spring and Spring shoots. I had the chance to shoot some family reunion pictures for a friend of mine this weekend and I love the pictures. Here's a sample (I love the green scarf):

It was really cold outside this weekend. They were all really good sports to stay out in the cold for these shots.

Anyway, I'm having a blast with it and look forward to the time when it can be full time...

but I'm not ready for that yet...

My full time job is with Nortel Networks. It has been a true blessing to me. I work with great people. I write training. Nortel declared bankruptcy recently. 5000 people are about to loose their jobs...no severance. I could be one of them. I pray I am not. The atmosphere "in the office" (I work from home) is brutal. Layoffs are happening this week. Everytime the phone rings, I look at the number and if it's not one I know, my stomache knots. This economy is scary. It's like we are all in a free fall. The Sunday school teacher in me, says trust, Lori. The child of the King in my says, "Trust Him." And I am. That's why I am typing this instead of curled up in the fetal position on my bathroom floor.

I long for security. But at the same time I know that God is whispering in my ear...again...

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
"

I feel that hope. I do feel that security. I know I can rest in Him. I can trust him with my future.

Thanks for listening.

2 comments:

  1. You can trust Him for your future, and you can trust your friends to rally 'round and support you no matter what happens in the days ahead.

    Tomorrow is NO SUPRISE to God.

    At all.

    "I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills from whence commeth my help. My help commeth from the Lord, the Maker of Heaven and Earth."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matthew 6:34 - "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough troubles of its own." Hold onto that!

    ReplyDelete