3.01.2009

Sydney Marie Motl, born at 4:14 am...7 years ago!

The day started with some serious present opening!
Syd REALLY wanted Nintendo DS. So several sent her money for her birthday. My mom sent her this box...with a dollar bill sticking out of the top...So she pulled...
...and pulled

Until she had all of that cash out of the box! This is a GREAT idea if you ever need to give a kid cash for their birthday!

Then we headed to Benton for some shopping...

and a nap on the way!

Sydney and Ryan practiced for karaoke night next week!

Sydney got to buy her DS with her own birthday money...that's a lot of cash!

Oddly enough, no one wanted to sit next to me at lunch.

Today, we got to assist the birthday fairy in delivery our very good friend, Rachel's birthday gifts to her!

Happy Birthday, Rachel!! Hope you liked your presents!!!

4 comments:

  1. That cash-in-the-box is brilliant!! What a great idea! Going to keep that one in mind for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cash idea too, Lori!

    Sydney is a cutie. My youngest will be 7 in a few weeks...too bad we don't still live there. I bet they'd be fast friends. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where was lunch? I'm slightly obsessed with details in the pic. It looks like On the Border or that mexican place on Rodney Parham that Suzanne and I used to go to and I can't remember the name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cash in a box - what a neat idea! Sure beats the "excitement" in opening an envelope with a $20 in there. BTW - how much was in there?? That didn't look like a $1 bill at the end of the chain.

    ReplyDelete