When I was in high school, some days in Sunday School we would "feed the sheep". We would pile into a van and head over to Southern Maid Donuts. I don't really remember if we had a devotional while there. I just remember the fun fellowship.
I thought of that this morning. For some reason AHS had there prom last night...the night before Easter! I teach 11th and 12th grade girls' Sunday School. I honestly didn't expect any of my girls to make it. 6 of them did. They had about 2 hours of sleep. Most looked tired, one looked energized (maybe it was the energy drinks). Anyway, I decided we needed to "caffeinate the sheep" this morning. So we piled into the mini van and headed, of course, to Sonic.
We loaded up on lattes and diet vanilla dp, sat in the van and talked about Easter. It was a good time. I read parts from the Easter Story. We talked about our favorite parts.
I love the thief on the cross. It's a beautiful picture of grace. Pure grace. He had no time to make up for his wrongs. Christ promised "today you will be with me in paradise". I. love. that!
Sunday school time was up and we readied to return to the church. About two blocks away. I cranked the van. Nothing happened. NOTHING.
My car...
would...
not...
start.
Did I mention that it was raining. I'm not talking about a gentle rain. I'm talking about three inches worth of rain this morning raining.
We are resourceful. We all had cell phones. And no one we tried to call had their cell phones on.
They were all in church! (I was really okay though because I had my diet vanilla dp to soothe me. Works amazing like a pacifier, doesn't it!)
Finally, one of my girls reached her dad. A few minutes later he arrived and jumped my dead battery off. We made it to the church just in time for the service.
I spent the hour in the nursery with our adorable 2 year-olds. Mainly blowing bubbles. I missed being in the service today. I love Easter services. But that time with those precious babies blessed my heart, too.
I hope you have had a wonderful day. I hope you have loved on your babies and more importantly loved on our savior. What an amazing day this is.
PS I asked for a name for my mom's photo group. Casey and I were talking yesterday about what message I wanted to convey and the name...suddenly I knew it...get ready for...
The Momarazzi!
4.12.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Those girls will NEVER forget this Easter! Thanks for investing in the women of tomorrow! They'll have the right priorities....Jesus and SONIC.
ReplyDeleteThat is the funniest story, Lori! You are the best sunday school teacher ever. Those girls are so blessed to have you! I love your blog, and I love you! Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteHA! That is the kind of stuff that happens to me!!!! ALL.THE.TIME.
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm with Susan...priorities are in order. Jesus and Sonic!
I can feel the panic of your car not starting! What a memorable Easter, and kudos to you for teaching those girls the value of SONIC!
ReplyDelete