4.02.2009

Super fun day!

Today was a milestone for Lori Motl Photography. I took my first "school pictures" for Little Man's preschool, Henderson State University's Child Development Center. It has confirmed that 1) I do have some skills in this area 2) THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO DO for a living. It was SO FUN! I had a great time playing with the kids and trying to coax real smiles out of them. I loved the reactions of those who saw the pictures I had edited. That's my favorite part of being a photographer. I LOVE making people happy with my pictures!

I was very nervous about the back ground. For some reason I decided to shoot with a white back ground. Last time I did this, it was a disaster! But I somehow thought it would work this time. It did! Here are a couple of my favorite images.

This one because...well, he's mine!

and this one because...well, you know...
This one just make me smile. I LOVE it in black and white!

And this is my shot for the day! This little girl would have none of the whole picture taking experience. I do have some of her looking at the camera, but this one is just my favorite!

By the way, she is not crying in this shot. She was just done with me asking for a smile and was taking control of the situation.

I cannot wait for the day when I get to this full time. I am so grateful to still have my job at Nortel and pray I get to keep it until we are in a better position for me to quit on my own terms (I feel I need to say this given the current economy and the number of people at Nortel being laid off). I am also grateful that God has blessed me with something I can be passionate about.

5 comments:

  1. That black and white one is precious!!!

    Go forth boldly in the direction of your dreams, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM SO VERY PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!

    (Yes, I'm screaming, but I'm just so excited for you!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! We would drive to Arkadoo just to have you take our picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Lori! These are amazing!

    Calling. You. For. Sitting. ASAP.


    Beautiful!!! :)

    ReplyDelete