1. We had a visitor yesterday in Arkadelphia. I, of course, was out of town, but I have heard about him! Poor little guy was first seen at Sonic Monday morning. Here's a picture of him much later:
Poor guy was probably just after a Strawbeary limeade. Who can blame him! He then headed over to HSU and up a tree.
Shortly after midnight (early yesterday morning) the forrestry fellows tranquilized him and carted him off.
I'm sorry I missed the excitement!2. I have some new readers! My mom shared the Belgian train station video (thanks for the original sharing Whimzie) by sending her friends (many of them members of the McKinney Quilt Guild) my blog. I had the pleasure of spending last night in their company. I attended one of their most fun monthly meetings with my mom. The had a mini quilt auction.

Many of the members made these little quilts and table runners (this is only a small sampling) and then they had a silent auction. They raised about $1700 in one night with the auction and tickets for a raffle for this mini quilt.
This one received "Viewer's Choice" last night. (Mom made last year's viewer's choice! Just a little bragging...I'll have to get her to send me a picture of it to share)
They also eat! Let me assure you, they cook as well as they quilt! I love me a good potluck! My aunt, Roxanne, and cousin, Jennifer, were there. A great time was had by all. So any of you Quilters out there still reading my blog...it was SO nice to put so many faces with the names I hear so much about and so nice to see those of you I've had the pleasure of meeting in the past. Thank you for all of your sweet encouragement and kind words. My mom is so lucky to have ladies like you in her life!3. Mom and I spent the WHOLE DAY shopping! We started with breakfast out with my brother in downtown McKinney. That was a real treat. We are normally too busy wrangling the rugrats to get to really visit. Then we headed to the mall. We did most of our damage in two stores.


We got several great pieces for me to start work in. Tops, pants and skirts. It was such a fun day. I want to tell you all how generous my mom was! I felt like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman.
Thank you so much, Mom, for an amazing day! I treasured the kid free shopping and time with you...and getting a good start on my new work wardrobe! I'll finish out over the summer!I start work tomorrow! I'll let you know how day 1 goes!


So glad that you got that time to shop - GOOD LUCK tomorrow!!
ReplyDeleteI love that you said "strawbeary limeade." Very punny.
ReplyDeleteI love shopping with my mom. So much fun.
ReplyDeleteGlad that you had a great time!! Sounds fun!!
Thinking about you as you start work!! Woo Hoo!!!
And don't you just love the Arkabear's do-rag? So classy.
Good luck tomorrow!!!
ReplyDeletehey - been thinking of you all day - glad you had fun in dallas area shopping, etc - hope your first day was fabulous!
ReplyDeleteanna
I finally got my new camera.. I posted some pics to my blog http://beautyoflifephotography.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteThey are unedited right now, but turned out so good I had to post them already.