8.19.2009

First days...and last

I should have written this post this morning when the full impact of today was sending me to Sonic for a large diet vanilla DP.

Little Man started kindergarten.

My baby is no longer in preschool. And I am no longer qualified to attend MOPS. It is a shocking reality, even though I've been preparing for it all summer.

But, there we were. Outside again, early in the morning, snapping the obligatory "First day of school" pictures. Don't they look spiffy and grown up!


We are batting 1000 when it comes to teachers! We've got a great line-up! (Sorry for the baseball references. We've been glued to the computer watching Casey's cousin Jeff kick some Oriole booty tonight on mlb.com!)

Little Man has a bit of a camping theme going on in his class. When I picked him up today he said, "Mom, now do you believe me when I told you school was LONG?" He assured me he had a blast, but was ready for a snack! Lunch at 10:55 is long gone by 3:00!
Sunshine is super excited to have some fun kiddos in her class. Her teacher is a lot of fun too. She had a great first day and is ready to after some serious koality points!
Eldest was hoping all summer for this teacher. She is known far and wide as THE TEACHER to get in the fourth grade. She is said to be so much fun and based on our visit to open house, they are right.
Many of you had a day of firsts. How did those go? I hope it was a good day for all those heading out into the wilds of education.

Happy First Day of School!

post signature

8 comments:

  1. Tonight was my first meet-the-teacher night in Corsicana...as a teacher, that is. Not many parents thought to stop by my room (I teach music), which was great because I was able to go with both of my girls to their classrooms. I feel all warm and sunny inside. It's good to be "Mrs. Parker" again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know a couple of those teachers...you're right...you did get good ones!!!!! :)

    And.ugh.my baby is in Kindergarten, too. Time flies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How precious are they? I miss the Motls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little Miss S has my best friend as her teacher! I must agree she DOES have a good one! My, time does fly. 2 more years until kindergarten in this house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They all look so happy to be with their teachers! And congratulations to you for having made this next step into a new phase with all three in at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! Well, at least little guy didn't have a black eye from the "ouch incident" at the water park. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pics! Can't believe how everyone is growing up. Is that what happens when you graduate and move away from college and the preschool and children's department at church? I thought everyone was supposed to stay the same until I came back! :) I had a lot of firsts last year, but since I survived, I'm so glad to be in my second year of teaching music...I love my kiddos and getting to sing and play all day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't realize that I can't be in MOPS anymore until you pointed it out. Sigh. More tears.

    ReplyDelete