8.07.2010

The beginning of a beautiful friendship!

I haven't posted for a while, but felt it was important to share some news that affects a friend in the blogosphere.

As director of Admissions Counseling at OBU, I am in charge of a little event called New Student Retreat. This past weekend we had 322 incoming new students and 50 current student leaders came to campus for a couple of days of fun. Last night we had the Purple and Gold Party. Everyone busts out their best purple and gold outfits. I didn't have anything great to wear last year.

This year was going to be different.

I found a horribly, wonderful gold lame bomber jacket on e-bay...and was out bid! I honestly thought that someone would show up in it last night. After all, why on earth would anyone else want it? I complained about the loss to the place I thought I'd get the least sympathy, but the most laughs.

Facebook!

I got something better! A tip! A friend from my days at OBU gave me the inside tip that rockin' gold lame jacket had been featured on CPQ's blog. I immediately contacted her to get some more details.

It sounded like a match made in fashion heaven (who knew I'd be wearing it when it was 103 outside with a heat index of 119)!! CPQ sent me the jacket with a somewhat heavy heart. (And I promise her the resulting check is in the mail!).

I wanted to share with her what a fabulous time her jacket has had since it's departure from her cozy closet.

It debuted last night to rave reviews!
It even met a sequined friend!
And some duct tape attire!
Among others......many others...

So no worries, CPQ. Your jacket is happy and loved!

I believe this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship!

post signature

6 comments:

  1. You are ROCKING it!!!! So delighted this all worked out.

    But not more delighted than my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is pretty fabulous, I must say! :) Maybe I will try to find one for my Homecoming visit! Nah...I don't think I could beat that fabulous-ness, myself! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a completely awesome story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Awesome. Not just anyone can carry off the gold lame look, but you did it well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rock.Star.

    You look lame-zing. (That looks like LAME, but I can't find an accent mark. But you don't look lame...you look luh-may-zing!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are out of control with that jacket.

    ...and I love it.

    ReplyDelete