And somehow I don't have babies anymore. Little Man is in first grade......and he didn't need me to walk him in.
It takes me back to the days of the nursery in First Baptist Church, Bryan, Texas when Julie Hamilton would spend the whole church time walking my crying babies. Eldest would get so worked up walking into church that he would throw-up before I could drop him off in the toddler room. I remember thinking about how much I wish they would be okay being left.
Now, I wouldn't mind a little clinging.
Don't get me wrong. I'm so proud of their independence. I'm proud of their confidence.
I just miss having babies and little children. Now I have big kids.
And I can't wait to hear every detail of their day when they get home this afternoon (not that they'll share it all with me).


Beautiful kids, Lori! We start on Wednesday, sigh.
ReplyDeleteBig kids.
ReplyDeleteMakes me desperately sad.
What happened to our babies? Sigh.
Man, they ARE so grown up. Josh is struttin' his stuff up in that picture. Charmer.
ReplyDelete