Here we are waiting for it to start.
The high school and both college bands turned out (this is the OBU band)...
lots of fire trucks...a few floats...people on horses. Now some people say it had more to do with the Clark County Fair starting yesterday, but it was my birthday and I LOVE a good parade, so you figure it out!It's also political season. The elections are coming up and the candidates are hitting the campaign trail. It is serious business here. I was out campaigning hard for my candidate. Oh, I'm not talking about the one in November. I'm talking about the one on Friday.
Yes, Sydney is running for Vice President of the first grade. It's a tight race with about 20 candidates! I feel certain there will be a run-off. I'll keep you posted. Finally, I entered a photo in the fair!
I took this in Florida this summer. The judging was last night. I'll go out there tonight with the family to see if I won anything.My sad part of the day occurred unexpectedly when I drove past a fed ex truck. A FedEx truck has pulled up to my door on my b-day for the past few years with my present from my dad. No FedEx truck this year. I miss you, Daddy. My step-mom, Gail, is coming tomorrow and we can't wait to see her. She's never been here before. It means a lot to have her come. If you have a moment, say a prayer for her today. She's having to make some tough decisions involving the care of her mom. She's having to deal with a lot right now!
That was my birthday in a nutshell. All in all, a good day.

What a fun birthday parade!
ReplyDeleteI always loved the fair parade. In fact, every time I visit your blog, I get a little homesick for the little town that I love so much!
If I could vote for your daughter, I most certainly would. She's adorable!
Tell Sydney I'd totally vote for her if I was in first grade! She would make a great vp. Thanks for sharing about your dad. Those moments hit so hard. What's Casey's blog?
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! Your post made me so homesick for Arkadelphia. I wish I could meet you for lunch at the Honeycomb.
ReplyDeleteThat Sydney is such a pretty girl.
SYDNEY FOR VP!!! Let me know how this turns out. I'm for Motl!
ReplyDeleteLove the pics of the parade. Is Ryan wearing an HSU football shirt???? Interesting.