4.30.2009

God's gentle reminders

God has gently tapped me on the shoulder many times in the last 36 hours to say..."I'm taking care of you. Trust me."

The verse that I cling to is Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

I believe these words. I know he has a plan.

After the day I had yesterday, I wasn't sure if I felt up to my appointment last night. A Bridal Portrait session. But I knew I needed to keep it. Maybe it would make me feel better.

It was VERY overcast and looked like rain. I knew our time would be short. And the light would be short. We had planned it for the "magic hour". That beautiful light just before and after sunset. Only, there were so many clouds I was afraid I wouldn't have time to get much.

Sarah arrived looking incredibly beautiful. She had her helpers, Sarah and Sara. Three Sara(h)s. This won't be confusing.

Then we started shooting.

The light brightened.

We were ducking in under the porch at the Henderson House when it sprinkled. Darting out for shots when it didn't. And this is just a sampling of what we got.
Love the shoes! Casey is proud.

Can you believe those eyes!



We had some fun too!

God is reaffirming for me in so many ways that He is in control. Reminding me that He will take care of us. That I am talented and will land on my feet.

Casey had an "day of ups and downs" as his facebook status read. It ended on a major up. Tonight he was awarded the Most Inspirational Faculty Member award. This was voted on by the students at OBU. He wasn't at the awards banquet. Ryan had program at school. I am so proud for him. It means the world to him to be honored by the students like this.

Another bit of affirmation from our Heavenly Father.

We've had others today that I'll share with you later.

Thank you for the prayers. I can't tell you how much they mean to us.

Good night!

post signature

6 comments:

  1. Our God is cool like that, isn't He?

    Your pictures are beautiful...as usual.

    And I agree with you. You are talented. And, girl, you are already on your feet. Just look at your faith. If that isn't feet...I don't know what is.

    I heart you. Big time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're married to the next Lavell Cole. Wow. You know what I love about that story? That he was at Ryan's program instead.

    The pictures are great, by the way. You keep getting better and better (and you were great to start with!)

    Oh, He has BIG plans for the Motls. Buckle your seatbelt, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for your husband and for the encouragement you both received yesterday. And I'm so happy that you know the same "gentle" God that I do. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Lori I know and the God I know are going to make this a GREAT story. It may take some time to see it unfold, but it'll be a page-turner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori - you take beautiful photos!!!!! i always love looking at them - can't wait for you to take our family pics at the beach! thinking of you and praying for you - lots of love, anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori-I'll be praying for you!!! Let me tell you I think that Casey is the most popular dad at CSC. All the kids always have to talk to Dr. Motl!!!

    ReplyDelete