Shortly after I had my Little Man, we had new neighbors move in across the street from us in Texas. We got home from church with our brood of three and saw the moving truck and the new family outside their house. So we climbed out of the car in our Sunday best. I put Little Man in his stroller and we headed across the meet the new folks. They were a nice family from Puerto Rico. He was in the military and attending Texas A&M for his masters. They had two sweet kids. I was introducing myself.
"Hi! I'm Lori, this is Little One, he just a few weeks old.
That's Eldest running around in our front yard. My husband is Casey. He's getting his PhD at A&M.
And then we have Sunshine (my little girl). She's two. Where is she? Casey (I scream this across the street?), Have you seen Sunshine?"
Where could she be?
Oh my.
She's on my hip.
I'm holding her.
Don't mind me. I'm just the CRAZY LADY that lives across the street!


Very cute! We all have crazy moments like that!
ReplyDeleteOMG...I was feeling all worried and wondering where she was. You made me laugh out loud.
ReplyDeleteSolidarity sister!!!!
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteYou have no idea how much I appreciate this story.
HAAAAA!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm laughing out loud!
ReplyDelete