5.06.2009

Goodbyes are hard

Too tired to post today so I'm doin' bullets...and just a few

  • I'm EXHAUSTED today. I think its more mental exhaustion than physical (though thanks to the rain last night, I feel that too...Did I mention my kids don't sleep during storms?)
  • My "Your officially fired laid off" e-mail didn't come in til almost noon
  • I had a lot to do once it came in
  • They cut off my network access at 1:32
  • Even when they are a good thing...goodbyes are hard
  • Our babysitters came for dinner and to say goodbye today. They all leave for summer Saturday. When I say leave...I mean leave! They are going to Nicaragua, Ireland, France and Russia for their summers. Thank heaven for Skype!
  • We've had 13 inches of rain in the past 48 hours. Our pool was about to overflow. So I set the pump to drain...and forgot about it. Now...it's stopped raining...and I have to ad water to the pool! Drats!
I'm going to go finish my work for the evening and go to bed and wake up in a new day! My first day as an official, unemployed, stay-at-home mom. I think tomorrow will be a better day!

post signature

5 comments:

  1. I hope tomorrow is a good day. Maybe you'll even see the sun.

    13 inches? That's CRAZY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lori, when it rains, it pours. Praying you get a good night's sleep and find new mercies tomorrow morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it's still raining, start watching General Hospital.

    See how helpful I am?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you know this, but I just wanted to send it as a reminder -
    'And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others. As the Scriptures say, 'They share freely and give generously to the poor. Their good deeds will be remembered forever.' For God is the one who provides seed for the farmer and then bread to eat. Int he same way, he will provide and increase your resources and then produce a great harvest of generosity in you." 2 Cor. 9:8-10

    You, Casey, and the kids are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh girl. I feel your pain.

    As soon as I can ditch my kids, I'm calling for that Sonic date. We can vent together!

    Heart ya.

    ReplyDelete