5.05.2009

Shoulders

Several of you have come to know and love Amber. As have I. We live in the same town, yet we actually aren't real life friends (until we finally make our Sonic run together, then that will change). I met her three years ago, shortly after moving to town. We scrapbooked together one evening at her church. I've seen her no more times than I can count on one hand in my three years here.

But I've remembered her.

Because of her scrapbooks.

They are AMAZING.

Not because of their beauty, although they are beautiful. But I'm a Creative Memories Consultant with 6 years under my belt. I've seen pretty.

It's her journaling. Truly beautiful. The way she captures her boys and their lives is the cause of my coveting. I covet her journaling talent.

I have stalked poor Amber for three years.

Even though she didn't know it.

The thing that was burned in brained from her album was a page where she had pictures of her boys bare-shouldered from the back. And this poem was on the page. It made me cry.

Shoulders

I want to remember these shoulders
So round and sweet and soft.
I want to remember this little back
So sturdy yet so small.

For one day these little shoulders
Will grow broad and firm and strong.
Maybe they'll carry burdens or be cried upon.

For one day this little back
Will be that of a man.
One day I may watch this back
Leave and not return.

Right now these are the shoulders
Of my baby so fresh and new.
I pat this tiny back
Take in the feel of you.

You are my precious baby
And I love you head to toe.
You are my precious baby
No matter how much you grow.

You are my precious baby
Half grown into a boy.
You are my precious baby
My life. My love. My joy.

By Blair Stokes Blanks

She sent it to me recently, cause she's awesome like that! Here's what I did with a picture from my recent photo shoot in Texarkana.


Now, I must find Mrs. Blanks and beg for permission to offer this to my clients!

I'd love to hear any feedback you lovely folks might have. Amber, you are an amazing gem. I heart you!


post signature

5 comments:

  1. Eesh, that poem made me misty! I still pat pat pat the boys on the butt at night before they go to bed. It's something I've always done. I suppose at some point I should stop, but it's something I don't want to let go. Just yet. And I don't think they're quite ready, either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl. Are you trying to make me cry today? I heart you, too. Oh so much. And thanks for giving me the boost I needed today.

    Okay...we have to have a date. Soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right, Amber makes the most beautiful scrapbooks. Of course as a proud auntie I would say she has three of the cutest boys to scrap about!

    your picture was beautiful and I loved what you did with the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/peasoup_main.asp?cmd=display&word_id=26479 - http://www.blairblanks.com/ - check out this links - i found a post from ms. blanks - and her website - she is a photog too

    beautiful poem - beautiful photo
    anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. blair is a journalist and a photog - sounds like you

    anna

    ReplyDelete