5.08.2009

It's a new day

I'm a stay-at-home mom.

Wow.

Today is the first day I've really felt like that.

My last day at work was Wednesday. Yesterday just felt heavy. I took my Nortel computer to be mailed back to the powers-that-be. I was overwhelmed and cranky (just ask my family!). I've been behind on everything. If you've been waiting for pictures from me, I'm sorry they are a little late. I've just had a hard time getting a handle on life. I used to be able to prioritize, but the past week, EVERYTHING has been top priority and couldn't get everything done at once.

This morning I filed for unemployment.

Everything for my old job is done (with the exception of one thing that I have a friend helping me with, so I'm good!).

I'm almost caught up on my photography.

And today, I played with my kids.

We played with a lizard outside.

I took pictures.

On purple and blue Crayola sand from Wal-mart.
His name was Fast Runner Lizard according to Little Man. Cool, huh?

Then we went in the backyard to play. I actually went back there to put chlorine in the pool. And water. Did I mention that we just had 13 inches of rain? But I'd rather add water from the hose...oh well.

The kids started playing with the hose. Before long we had spiraled down into skinny dipping.

Did I mention Sunshine tested positive for strep throat...yesterday! Mother of the Year, right here! Nothing treats a sick kid like skinny dipping in a COLD pool. A pool is a dangerous place to be. But have no fear, our guard dog was after any dangerous...
...pool sweeps that might be lurking about!
Or stray water streams. This is Storm. He's a Schnauzer. He hearts the water. BIG TIME.

This is Holly. She thinks Storm is an idiot.

She may be right!Maybe being unemployed isn't so bad after all.

post signature

6 comments:

  1. The lizard pics are fabulous!

    Your dogs are too cute! Looks like you all had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word -the lizard pics!!! That's very artsy cool... And I laughed out loud at the skinny dipping kids..

    A very good first day for you, SAHM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your post... made me smile... Bet your kids enjoyed having you home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Almost spit my soda at the skinny dipping. And then since it was already half coming out my nose, the Diet DP actually spewed at the sneaky Schnauzer! Hilarious!

    Way to go, Mom. You are getting your groove back, Stella.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures!

    What a fun day for your kids!

    ReplyDelete