Nothing has changed. My reality still is what is. Two days from now I will officially be unemployed. That hasn't been true for a long time. I've always pretty much known what was next. But now I have these three little faces that look to me for security...security I don't have right now.
Only I do.
He's just not flesh and bone standing in front of me.
But I know He's there. Watching out for all of us.
I see how a little depravity might benefit my kids. Learning what blessings are really all about.
But at the same time, Casey and I have always pinched pennies. Lately, we've been in a place where we haven't had to be as careful. We've had breathing room. It's been nice.
And now its really tight again.
But he's showing us how we'll be okay.
And I'll be a happier person. A more pleasant person. A better mom. A better wife.
And that will be huge blessing to my kids.
I'll be doing something (though I'm not sure what) that will be more fulfilling for me. Which is good for those for those around me.
Wow. You are a good listener. I feel better already.
Thanks for listening. I'm going to go hug my kids...maybe play a little Narnia on the x-box. And it's not even 5 o'clock yet.


Friend, I want to drive right over to your house and wrap you in a hug right now. In fact, I need to do that really soon!
ReplyDeleteAlthough I'm hurting for you right now, I'm so excited to see what God has in store for you. His blessings are far greater than anything we could ever even dream about or plan for ourselves. Your children are receiving a tremendous gift right now...an opportunity to witness true faith. From parents that love Jesus more than anything.
I heart you, girl. And praying. Hard.
You get to show them what it's like to walk in faith. And I know you will.
ReplyDeleteAnd I just read what Amber wrote after I wrote the above two sentences, so I will just shut up now and say "Ditto Amber."
listed you on my blog, hope that is ok! love, me
ReplyDeletewww.campbellclanblog.blogspot.com
Narnia, huh? That's one of my very favorite places. "Every year you grow, you will find me bigger." Remember? That's what Aslan said to Lucy. I think this is definitely an opportunity for growth, don't you. May you daily find Him to be bigger and everything you need for that day.
ReplyDelete