
or this...
Isn't she so stinkin' cute! Never fear. I big flower bouquet is waiting for her. Just ask her...recitals (well, dance class in general) is really all about the flowers.I spent all evening last night (4 pm to 10 pm) shooting pictures for the girls in the recital today. I really do love dance recitals. I love the costumes. I love the little girls who are so excited. I love the big girls who are dancing solos and are serious about their talents. It's just exciting to me. I hate to miss it.
But I have a wedding booked. It's my last one for a while. I like weddings, but they are serious, hard work. I didn' t appreciate that until I started shooting them. By 11 pm tonight when the bride and groom are planning to pull out (I'll start shooting at about 4:30), my feet and back will be hurting from 6+ hours on my feet.
Then I'll have the photos to process.
There's a reason those wedding pictures cost so much. Believe me!
I'm not taking on any more weddings for a while. I need to be with my family on the weekends.
And remember those 11 hour days I mentioned? Summer hours at OBU start on Monday. We get every Friday off in June and July! Rock on!!! Oh, but we need to squeeze those 40 hours work weeks in to four days...with a lunch break?
7 am - 6 pm!! Monday through Thursday. For June and July. (I may need some crock pot recipes...Amber, I think I'll pass on that cheesy chicken, though!)
I'm not really complaining. I'm just saying it out loud to help gear myself up for it. The 7 am is what I'm struggling with. Why? My kids won't be up by then. I won't see them 'til I get home. So Casey may be bringing them up to say hi to me.
I'm also not complaining because I love my job...I LOVE MY JOB!!! I love the energy of the office I'm in. I love that everyone is being so encouraging as I launch into something so new. I love my days FLY by.
I love my new job. I'm thank Him for making it all work out so nicely.
I'm also glad that my marathon week of shooting is almost over.
I'm glad I got to see my Little Man ride a bike without training wheels for a few seconds today. A few more tries and he'll have it down.
I'm glad some of you haven't given up on me in the blogging world. I really will be back to regular posts soon... I promise!
I'm going to take a nap now...


Your job-related happiness is infectious. I'm happy just to have read this post. Get some rest!
ReplyDeleteI was at the recital last night, and SUNSHINE DANCED BEAUTIFULLY!!!!!!!!! I loved her Annie outfit SO MUCH! I knew you were missing it and so sad for you. But, her bloggy Aunt Amber whom she has never met was there!!! Does that make it better?!
ReplyDeleteOh...and the cheesy chicken? Good idea on the skipping over that recipe. N to the A to the S to the T to the Y.
Love that you love your new job!! Woot Woot!
Oh - summer hours - good and bad. Good every Friday, but tough Monday - Thursday.
ReplyDeleteA friend of mine posted a video of the annie dance (her daughter was in it).... SO CUTE!
ReplyDeleteI hope you really did take a nap.
ReplyDelete