5.26.2009

The Bible in 90 days

I've been in a bit of a spiritual dry spell. Well, that's not exactly accurate. I've felt His presence in my life in a very real way in the last few weeks...from being laid off to getting my new job. But as far as really being in the Word...it just hasn't happened.

Several weeks ago, I saw that Biblegateway.com would be doing a 90 day plan to read through the Bible! It sounds pretty intense...since I've never done it! I've never read the Bible all the way through in a stretch and I'm almost 40! I really want to try and comes out to 12 pages a day. That certainly sounds manageable. Why is so difficult to pick up the Bible and read it the way I would a novel?

The readings start on June 1. Anyone interested in this summer reading? Want to join me and help hold me accountable? Find the readings here. They post one each day.

post signature

6 comments:

  1. Hey Lori... I've bookmarked it though the entire Bible in 3 months may be a bit fast for me. I've been using Daily Word from Radio Bible Class for years. If followed, you can complete the Bible in a year's time. They use different approaches each year. The online version doesn't have the read through the Bible in a year passages but the print copy does. Here's the link... https://www.rbc.org/devotionals/our-daily-bread/order-devotional.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea. Perhaps I shall join you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, girl, you're brave reading it in 90 days! Darin and I are doing the year thing and I can't imagine going much faster than what we're doing. If it's too quick, we're using LifeWalk (monthly books from lifeway bookstores). We're just now halfway into Job. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read the Bible through in a year. It was fabulous. I loved every second of it. I can't imagine going through it faster though....props to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the 90 Day Bible. I was doing really well and then life kind of happened. Maybe if I start again with you all in June, I'll have the accountability I need to stay on track. I need lots of accountability, Lori.

    I've wondered the same thing about why it's so much easier to sit down and read through a book.

    I've started reading plans so many time and fall by the wayside somewhere along Leviticus. I've done it so many times that I think I almost have Genesis memorized. So how are we going to check in to stay accountable? What's the plan, Leader Lori? Lead us, I say.

    Maybe I should start now so I won't get behind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy moly! Adam and I reading it all the way through this year for the second time. First time was Chronologically which was interesting. But either way is tough! It is a lot to read and I can't even IMAGINE doing it in 90 days! Way to go. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete