I'm really tired tonight. I shot a family reunion yesterday morning and a wedding last night. My feet still hurt! So we are taking it easy tonight. We were hoping to head over to a really fun party tonight, but I'm being a party pooper. Casey leaves town tomorrow. I just need some down time and Josh has been SO cranky today. We think he may be growing.
Anyway, we watched Enchanted tonight. I LOVE this movie! It is so fun and funny. It totally makes fun of the whole Disney Princess thing, yet is such a romantic movie. I honestly think this is one of the most romantic scenes in any movie...ever (with the exception of Mr. Darcy, of course! and please try to ignore the pop-ups...they totally spoil the mood!)
If you disagree, show me your favorite, most romantic movie scene. Maybe it will get me through some more rainy days. We have several more forecasted *sigh*.


I love Enchanted (I bought the soundtrack JUST for The Happy Working Song!) and agree that is a romantic scene.
ReplyDeleteWe saw Night at the Museum 2 this afternoon. IT WAS FABULOUS, and Amy Adams did a great job as Amelia Earhart. I heart Amy Adams!
It's been rainy and yucky here too...and COLD. No fun. Boo hiss. And our forecast isn't looking too much better for the week... *sigh*
Oh my gosh, that's my favorite romantic movie moment! And when Patrick starts singing along with the song my heart just melts! I love it so much the song's on my ipod!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE ENCHANTED!!!!!!! Such a great movie!
ReplyDeleteThanks for reminding me...I need to buy that movie.
And the rain? Growl. We were supposed to go to a fun party tonight, too (probably the same one), but opted for laziness on the couch.
My favorite romantic scenes tend to be full of tension. The two characters have not yet declared themselves, but we can all see that something is going on. Like the second half of You've Got Mail or Just Like Heaven when you're thinking "PLEEASE tell her you love her! Please! Kiss her! Do something!" The Enchanted scene fits this description, too. This dynamic has shackled me to my computer for two seasons of Chuck. I must relive the moments on hulu.
ReplyDeleteAnd then there are the scenes when they finally do speak out, and the heavens open (that amazing scene in the Notebook, for example). Or the final scene of An Affair to Remember. Cue the waterworks!
Now that you've got me thinking:
George and Mary's honeymoon in It's a Wonderful Life
Sandra Bullock and Bill Pullman taking a long walk in While You Were Sleeping
The "I brought you flours" scene from Stranger than Fiction
Emma and Mr. Knightly declare themselves in Emma
I am such a girl. This could go on forever...
Ok, friend, I say this in love!!! Ok? And really I am teasing...but just be glad you have rain, for when it does not rain here, there is no water in the summer. When there is no rain, we live thru summers with our water shut off every other day. Pretty gross when you are changing dirty diapers. Love ya!!!
ReplyDelete