6.13.2009

Next...American Idol

If you've followed my blog for very long, you know that something very special to my family is the Allied Against Cancer Golf Tournament and Song Writers Concert. My dad and his business partner started it. Now, the golf tournament bears his name. It was today.

Paul Overstreet is a regular at the concert. Now, I've been a HUGE fan of Paul's since high school. I'm not sure my dad even knew that. When he told me Paul performed at the concert the first year, I was desperate to go the next year. But I know that I know a little more about Paul as a person. I'm an even bigger fan! He has been so dear to my family as Daddy got sick and then, while he couldn't be at dad's funeral, he dedicated a song to Dad at the cancer benefit he was performing at the night he heard. It was Seeing My Father In Me. He dedicated to us, Dad's kids tonight.

I am now officially Paul's biggest fan! Because he made my son's night...no, year...tonight by calling Ryan up on the stage to sing "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy" with him. This was something Ryan has been practicing for...at Dino's...you know all about this.



It brings tears to my eyes even now as I look at the pictures. He was SO excited. Ryan can now say he has sung with a Grammy winning artist! The only person to ever win songwriter of the year...5 times in a row!!!


post signature

6 comments:

  1. Paul Overstreet is my favorite! I have thought before, "I wonder if I am the only person in Turkey who listens to Paul Overstreet." Not anymore, I've got my girls hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome!!!!!!!!!

    What a special memory for Ryan...and for Ryan's mom!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always LOVED Paul Overstreet. He is an AWESOME person! Just remember where Ryan got is start!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This must be a treasured memory for Ryan. I'm sure he'll remember this for the rest of is life. Maybe he'll be the next big singer in Country music!!! I'll by the CD!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super cute blog...I enjoyed reading your blog tonight....Love it when I have time to do blog hopping...

    I always enjoy finding new blogs!
    This month I am posting on our Disney trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness... i am so proud of ryan!!!

    ReplyDelete