9.23.2009

Am I present?

I've been questioning that a lot lately. At the end of the day, have I been present with the people I've encountered? Am I just going through the motions of life or am I really participating in the relationships life brings my way. At the end of the day, have I ever actually looked my kids in the eye and had a conversation with them? Have looked my husband in the eye and connected with him on a real level. Even more so at any point in my day have I paused long enough to look my at my Creator...to spend moments in His presence?

So often I just coast from moment to moment, trying to get to as much of my to do list as possible. Even while I've been intentional about saying "no" to getting too involved in things, I still struggle with spending those extra moments engaged with my family. How about you? Have you really connected with those living in your house today?

post signature

2 comments:

  1. No.

    *sigh*

    I'm really ready for this latest proposal to be submitted so my husband is home at night.

    *sigh* again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's difficult to be present. I tend to multitask when I really need to be listening with undivided attention.

    And this is something I could read every single day because I need to be reminded to do this every single day.

    ReplyDelete