First, I’m going to try to come back to blogging. I miss staying in touch with you all. Be patient with me. Life is pretty crazy right now…which leads me to my topic tonight…
I’m surrounded by pink and green and pledges and members. You guessed it. I’m chaperoning pledging activities for Tri Chi! It has taken me back. The pledges, 25 beautiful, young ladies) received their pledge names tonight. Do you remember those? If you do and you read this, share yours with me.Mine was Pledge Who’s on First? I had to recite the Abbott and Costello routine anytime someone said my name. Remember that one?
Abbott: Goofe’ Dean, oh I see! Well let’s see, we have on the bags, we have Who’s on first, What’s on second, and I Don’t Know is on third.
Costello: That’s what I want to find out.
Abbott: I say, Who’s on first, What’s on second, and I Don’t Know’s on third.
Costello: Are you the manager?
Abbott: Yes.
Costello: You going to be the coach too?
Abbott: Yes.
Costello: And you don’t know the fellow’s names?
Abbott: Well I should.
Costello: Well then who is on first?
Abbott: Yes.
Costello: I mean the fellow’s name.
Abbott: Who.
Costello: The guy on first.
Abbott: Who.
Costello: The first baseman.
Abbott: Who!
Costello: The guy playing first base.
Abbott: Who is on first.
Costello: I’m asking you who’s on first!
Abbott: That’s the man’s name.
Costello: That’s whose name?
Abbott: Yeah.
Costello: Well go ahead and tell me.
While it is fun to watch the girls together, the thing it really does is reminds me of is the good times I had with my Tri Chi sisters. I’m so thankful for the many of you who I still count as friends. No matter how many miles separate us or how much time passes before we speak again, you are precious to me!
You would be proud of those wearing the pink and green now. You can be proud that they are the ones carrying on the legacy you created. It is a treat to get to know them now.

I told my class I was Pledge Pump Up The Jam. I just got blank stares, then blink. blink. Evidently people don't say pump up the jam anymore. Oh well. Go XXX!
ReplyDeleteIt was so much fun making all of y'all jump through hoops (she said with an evil laugh).
ReplyDeleteI never pledged, because I was too busy doing the being in love and planning a wedding thing. And I'm so sad that I missed out on that piece of life. But I know those Tri Chis are some great girls.
ReplyDeleteHAVE FUN!!!
Aw, I wish I could be there!!
ReplyDeleteSend them all my love.